Get Your Sh*t Together - Sarah Knight

Title: Get Your Sh*t Together

Author: Sarah Knight

Series or Standalone: Standalone (but has other books similar)

Genre: Non-Fiction, Self-help

Format: Paperback


Publication Date: December 27th 2016

Goodreads Summary: 

Ever find yourself snowed under at the office - or even just glued to the sofa - when you really want to get out (for once), get to the gym (at last), and get started on that big, personal project you're always putting off?

Then it's time to get your sh*t together.

"Get Your Sh*t Together" takes you one step further, organising the worries you want and need to give to help you to quit your day job and move abroad, balance work and fun - and save money while you're at it - or simply get out of the door in time for happy hour, every day.


My Review:
***DISCLAIMER: I am writing this as a jet lagged hypo mess at 1am so just keep that in mind whilst reading this review. This is a bit ironic considering the title of the book but oh well... (BTW ENGLAND WAS AWESOME) Anways, enjoy!

I haven't posted in awhile due to me not having my sh*t together, but I just finished this book and felt the need to write about it and express my feelings so here I am!

I initially picked this up because I had lost most motivation to do any school work, reading, have any social life, blogging and being the best version of myself. I didn't want to think about my future or the next hour of school because I just knew I was going to hate it. I'm not saying that this book is the entire reason that I am feeling more myself and more together, but I honestly feel like it helped me a lot and I really reccommend giving it a read if you need a little push to get your sh*t together! 

Although this book was not entirely applicable to me in some ways, as in I couldn't necessarily relate to certain adult “problems” but, I could still enjoy the concepts and the humorous presentation of the novel. Each method suggested within was extremely helpful and I could easily apply them to any situation in MY life even though I'm not an adult thinking about retirement and paying taxes which apparently I should be. I specifically valued the "small manageable chunks" technique which I now use all day everyday so I don't stress myself out. I also frequently use the Must-Do Method which is also amazingly helpful and effective. 

Sarah Knight made me think about how important time is in our lives and how we waste seconds, minutes and hours doing useless things that we could spend doing much more productive, exciting and beneficial things. 

Her writing was brutally real and honest about not only herself but the journey she went through to get to the head space she is currently in, which I greatly appreciated and admired. I felt that I connected and understood her opinions and ideas on life which made my reading experience that much more enjoyable. 

The only thing is that I wish I had picked this book up earlier as Sarah has truly helped me get out of that horrible rut I was in and get my little amazing life back together so I can start thinking about the important and fun stuff...like retirement and taxes!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer - Book Review

Class of 59' - John A. Heldt : Book Review

Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief